Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Have I ruined him?

Last night, Little Boy and I slept out in the playhouse. It was a cool evening, and the bugs never bothered us, even though the house isn't air-tight. Baby didn't get to sleep out with us because she refused to eat the 6 miniscule pieces of pork chop on her plate for dinner. Sigh.

So we were lying there listening to the frogs and crickets and occasional vehicles, and he sighed. "I should have brought my sound spa." I laughed and told him God gave us the frogs and crickets for our sound spa. He laughed at me and told me I was "so silly". The sad thing was, after lying there awake for a very long time, I started to think maybe I SHOULD have brought one out.

I never do sleep very soundly when we sleep in the back yard. I don't tell Little Boy, but now I don't worry about animals attacking us through the walls of the tent. I lay there and worry about someone peeking through the windows of the playhouse. Pretty silly.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Sounds like a nice evening - even without the sound spa. :) Hope you get some extra rest today to make up for your wakeful night, though.

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets