Hi,
I didn't post this the other day, but we had an interesting Friday (for us). We got up, the kids ate and we leisurely got dressed and into the car. We drove to Cumberland and visited the YMCA to check out their pool and sign up Little Boy for swim lessons. When I told him where we were going, he was very concerned. I assured him we would not be getting into the water and he was very relieved.
I just have to say, it was so nice to go somewhere without hurrying to get there on time. We took our time and went in and looked at the pool. We talked about why it was so stinky in there, and looked at the changing room. He seemed pretty calm standing on the side pointing to stuff, and was very disappointed that we were leaving. Baby cried. I think she wanted to swim. Sigh.
We stopped at a couple stores and then ate a later-than-usual lunch at DQ and made our way home. They took short naps and woke up horrible, but it was nice to do something so basic and so relaxing.
I signed him up for lessons. He starts next month. I am hoping he doesn't freak out when it comes time to start. He really is terrified of the water. I think it's important that he feels more comfortable and knows some safety stuff. I'll feel better about going to the lake, too.
Time to go. TTYL.
1 comment:
Sounds like a nice time. We'd like to sign Ethan up for swim lessons, but we've never gotten around to it. Maybe this year. I bet it will make him more comfortable in the water. Did you get to meet his teacher?
Post a Comment