Today is a busy day for my husband. He worked last shift, came home, looked at my dying laptop and got it to restart. He's sleeping now, but he has to get up to go to a class at work at 3 this afternoon. He'll get out at 7 pm. Then he has to go back to work tonight at 11 pm.
We don't have anything on our schedule today besides schoolwork. But tomorrow the fun begins.
Little Boy has art class from 11 to noon. Then we have to rush across town to the salon where he and I will get our hair cut. Then home to eat lunch and pack. He and I will go to Morgantown tomorrow afternoon for his 8:30 am appt. Wednesday morning. Daddy will have to take Baby to ballet (a first), and then drop her next door for an overnighter with Grandma and Granddad - since he's on last shift. Wednesday morning, I'll have to get up, get us ready, eat breakfast at the hotel, pack up our things, check out, and get my son to his appt. Thankfully, the hotel is about 5 minutes from the hospital. Then we'll go see his diabetic educator, go to Sam's Club, eat lunch, and come home. And we're praying that the snow on the radar waits for us to get home.
Thursday, Baby has a haircut, and a make-up ballet lesson that night. And Friday we're back to a clear schedule.
On a different note, my friend Elizabeth is having surgery today. She has to have plates and screws put into her neck from her c5-c8 discs. She's a little younger than me, and has 3 small children. Her husband isn't in the picture right now - it's a sad situation. I know it's difficult to go through these things without him. She'll be out of commission for awhile after her surgery. Thankfully, her parents are coming to help her out. I wish I lived closer; I'd love to go help her out for a day, at the very least.
I lost a pound. Woo. I need to get completely serious about losing weight. But I think our trip is going to postpone that for a couple days.
I wish you could hear my son. I can't even type the sound he's making while he plays Mario Kart. Now he's telling himself, "Ok, Little Boy, keep it clean, keep it clean, keep it clean." Baby is climbing all over me because she wants to snuggle. Or because she's bored and wants attention. Apparently, Little Boy doesn't like her bazillion smooches, and she needs another target.
Incoming!
2 comments:
That schedule makes me tired! I'm sure you're looking forward to Friday. Prayed for your friend ... hope she heals well!
I took the kids to the mall this morning. Baby needed new ballet shoes; her other ones were too little. I didn't think Daddy would appreciate trying to put them on her. And I'm sure Baby will be glad, too.
Post a Comment