Monday, February 8, 2010

I dream of being strong, too

I was sleeping; dreaming about going on a surprise tropical vacation with my family.

But when we got to the port, I realized I didn't have the kids' picture IDs. I didn't have their birth certificates. Even though, through the magic of dreams, I was home tearing through papers searching for them. We went to the ship, hoping they would look at us and KNOW that these children belong to us. How could they doubt it? The kids look like US. And then in my dream, my daughter fell off the platform into the water, and my husband dove after her. I woke up at this point; I don't know what the result of that was. But I lay there trying to rework the events into something pleasant. I prayed that God would take the false fear away. My pounding heart was not cooperating.

I finally got up. Maybe a little stupid surfing would help me relax.

I've been sitting here for awhile - looking at blogs, Facebook, the weather.

And then I heard a door open, and little feet padded to the bathroom.

A minute passed, and I heard, "I'm DOOOOooooonne." She needed help.

I went in there, and helped her. She is so cute in her soft, comfy Christmas jammies. She told me she had a dream. I told her I had one, too. She wanted to know what mine was about. I told her it was about getting on a big boat.

"I dreamed I was really strong. And Little Boy and Daddy were there too."

I didn't ask where I was. I didn't need to know. It was comforting to know that while I was dreaming scary things, she was safe and secure in her dream - with her two favorite guys there with her.

I tucked her back into bed, gave her smooches, and told her to go back to sleep and have sweet dreams.

I think I'll be able to get back to sleep now.

Maybe I'll dream of being strong.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Those vivid dreams can be awful. Hope you were able to get a little more sleep.

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets