Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Feeling the pressure

of getting my first rummage sale ready. I need to do signs, put up the signs tomorrow morning, get the tables out and start putting things out. We'll put a pole between two ladders to hang clothes on - thank you Karen-lyn for the suggestion. I have all but one bin of clothes priced. I need to finish pricing a couple things. I found some stuff that is stained and I will try to get the stains out. I need to go through the coat closet and the coat rack in the basement. I haven't priced all the toys yet. I think I'm going to make a couple signs like Make me an offer! and Magazines - $.25 each.

But the pressure... I'm afraid that no one will come. It's not like there's a Shopper's Guide here where people advertise their sales. IDK - I've sent messages to local people - hoping to see people show up - hoping they will pass the word along. Yikes.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Do you have a plan for whatever doesn't sell? I think we're going to load ours up and take it to Goodwill ... either that or advertise it as a "garage giveaway" on Freecycle. Would having a backup plan take some of the pressure off?

Tammy said...

Probably. I would put it back in bins and run an ad for two weekends from now. Next weekend we'll probably be in DC at the 9.12 march. :0)

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets