Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I have to get it together

My house is a disaster. If someone came to the front door, I'd be mortified.

I desperately need a shower. For me it's a necessity, not a luxury. I don't enjoy it - it's just another thing on the list of things that I HAVE to do.

My daughter is completely trying my patience. She changes her clothes all day long. She has emptied her little drawers, and started pulling things out of the closet. I'm too tired to fight it.

She has completely regressed in her potty training. She wets her pullups without remorse. Today when I dressed her, I gave her a stern warning about wetting her pullup. She did use the toilet this morning, and I tried to make a big deal about it. Maybe she was feeling like it wasn't exciting anymore. ? She came out a little while later wearing undies and a different shirt. I decided to let her try wearing the undies. I gave her another stern warning about not getting her clothes wet; if she needed to pee, she needed to come in and use the toilet.

I got their lunches ready and I went outside to call my kids in to eat. She was standing on the porch of the playhouse. Without undies or shorts - just her sweet little cheeks free in the breeze. As I got closer, I saw Little Boy with a roll of paper towels. He was soaking up a very large puddle. I told him to stop, and thankfully, one of my children is in a listening mood today.

She started hopping up and down, "I'm pooping! I'm pooping!" I put her undies back on her, and made her walk to the house. She was upset b/c she didn't have her shoes on, but one look at my face and she took off. She did make it to the house without making a mess; I cleaned her up and put on a clean pullup. I sat her in her chair and told her to eat. Not long after, Little Boy says, "She's throwing her meat at me!" I got her cleaned up, let her sit on the toilet, and took her to her room.

Oh my word. The window shade was all the way at the top, and her drawers were hanging open with clothes hanging out. Toys, blankets, pillows, clothes, shoes - everywhere. It will take me half a day to clean that bomb-blasted room.

Only a mommy could fully understand why it's a good thing my kids still take naps. My head hurts, I'm tired, I'd LOOOOOVE to take a nap, I should clean my unlivable living room, but I need to go out to the outhouse playhouse and clean up someone's pee.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Yowza. What a day. Has someone been praying for patience for you? :) Hope it gets better soon.

Tammy said...

I don't know, but if they are, they better hope I don't find out who they are.

Angela Rae Barribeau said...

Oh my gosh... if I would've kept journals or a diary, I would've written about many days like this one. I feel for you! It has to get better, is what my motto always was (and still is)... hang in there, sounds cliche' and I hate cliche' but sometimes you just have to laugh or else you'd sit down and cry. (which is okay too, been there done that many, many times... and no blogging or Facebook with friends and family to vent to)... which may explain some of my insanity. Hmmm. Love you!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets