Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Isn't it supposed to be summer?

Or at least late spring? Here in our home, it's more like winter flu season. Baby barfed all morning. A couple times in the kitchen, a couple times in the bathroom, a couple times in the living room (on towels and sheets thankfully!) and a couple times outside on the porch. And she kept begging for something to drink. That was the hardest part, I think.

Just before the kids woke up, I was sitting in the LR and waves of nausea started hitting me. I turned on our (new) ceiling fan and tried to concentrate on not barfing. Of course, Little Boy woke up and wanted to race Mario Wii. Every time he ran into something, the sound about killed me. I kept turning the volume down when he wasn't watching. I was just dreading Baby waking up. She napped well and woke up starving. I tried to pace her.

She did well, and at some point, I felt much better. After she ate, we spent some time on the porch - if she was going to barf red jello, I wanted it to be outside!

They are both in bed and I have some quiet time to myself before DH gets home. He's on 2nd shift; I'm looking forward to sleeping in??? He is just coming off his long weekend - 4 days with him home. I never thought that I would be glad to see him go back. Last week he worked so much overtime, his check was more than doubled. Really good, because Monday I spent alot of $$$ at Sam's on Monday.

Monday, I took Baby to the eye doctor. We've started patching, and it seems to be going well. We alternate eyes for four weeks 2-4 hours a day, and off for 2 weeks. Then we go back to the specialist. She explained that patching is so effective that she expects to see results. If there is no change, she said we would talk about surgery. I have to keep myself from worrying. I just have to make sure I'm consistent.

1 comment:

Anna said...

This may be because it's late and I'm kind of loopy, but reading this post made the song "... the days of wine and roses ..." run through my mind ... :)

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets