Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Yea!

MIL watched the kids til DH got home and I went in for labs and they took 7 vials of blood. I asked the lady if there was going to be any blood left! These are labs the rheumatologist wants; I am looking forward to seeing the results. So now that's done.

I also got my glasses fixed today. I braved the mall to go to the Pearl Vision store. One post (of 4) on the bridge had broken and I was keeping one lens straight with a little piece of scotch tape. I took them in and the store replaced the whole bridge piece. Only one little thing - my frames are burgundy and the new bridge piece is gold colored. BUT it was FREE! I have a check up scheduled for next week and then I'll know if I need new lenses and then I'll decide what to do about the frame. I bought some dark burgundy nail polish and may try to fix it.

I stopped to pick up pizza and there was an older man at the check out. I recognized him and he said, "Hi! I bet you didn't think you'd see me here, did you?" I thought it was a strange question, but I was thinking he was referring to the fact that he lives next door and I came all the way to Keyser to see him. I told him no, and asked how he was. He said good and that he was picking up pizza for the kids. I was thinking that I didn't realize he had company so soon before Christmas. I needed to run to the Hallmark store a couple stores away while they fixed my pizza, and said, "See you later, Lewis." He didn't respond, but I thought maybe he didn't hear me. I went to the Hallmark store and stopped at the Fashion Bug store, too. When I came back, he was still there. I tried to make some small talk and told him that my kids like his decorations in the front yard. He was confused; what decorations? I said the reindeer in the chimney and Santa. He told me he does not have a Santa in his yard. I started thinking I was wrong; that the inflatable thing was from last year. I explained what I was talking about. He said he doesn't live here and where did I think he lives. I said his address and he said he lives in Cumberland. I was thinking, "What the heck!" He kept talking and I realized . . . he's not my neighbor! He's our pastor's wife's dad! I think they took too much blood! It went straight from my brain to my arm, I guess. I laughed and asked if he was Diann's dad. He said he is, and I asked if he knows who I am. He knows I go to church there, but doesn't know my name. I explained that he looks like my neighbor and that I was confused.

I told DH what happened and he looked at me like I had completely lost it. I still think there's a strong resemblance. I guess I am just a kook.

I am bummed. I wanted to see "my shows" tonight - Criminal Minds and Project Runway - and neither was a new episode. I was just reading the episode info on CM and I could swear the listing said it was a new episode, but when the show came on, it was a repeat. Am I really just losing it? I guess it's time for bed, eh?

1 comment:

Anna said...

Don't you hate that when you think you know who someone is, and you're wrong? :)

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets