Okay, I know the song is Manic Monday, but that's tomorrow. We finished our program performances this morning. Everything went great until the very last song. The choir took off too fast on the song and then as I slowed them down, they slowed down too much and we were behind. I got a little flustered and I think my mind went blank. OH WELL.
I went to the grocery store today and on the way home it started to rain and now it's sleet. So we aren't going to church tonight.
When I checked on Baby to see if she was still sleeping, she had unzipped her tent, tore down the roller shade and ripped a large chunk of plastic off the window. What a stinker. Oh, and she had a stinky didie. I'm going to have to figure out a way to lock her in the tent, or she'll be falling out on her head.
DH has to work tomorrow and is off Tuesday. Then he's back to work Wednesday. It will take us awhile to get back to a normal schedule.
Last week when I was hitting the after-Christmas sales, I found some pretty ribbon at Joann Fabrics. It's yellow on one edge and blue on the other and as it fades into the other color there's a stripe of green in the middle. Anyway. I was thinking it was wired ribbon and it's not, but I think I'll still keep it. I bought all the rolls that were left (on clearance) and I plan to use it for the Mother/Daughter banquet next spring. Yesterday, this is the manic part, I came up with a theme (Living a Lemonade Life)and found a site that gave me more ideas for a ladies' program centered on lemons. I think it will look so pretty. I bought a fake lemon today and some styrofoam balls and I'm going to attempt to make some paper mache lemons. If they turn out, I'll go nuts and make a pile of them. I priced fake lemons and it would actually be cheaper to buy real lemons. I'll probably get some real ones, too, and mix them together in the decorating. I am not sure what color table cloths to use, but I think white plates and emerald green napkins would be pretty. Church has some pretty, large cobalt blue vases and I'm picturing one on each table with a yellow and white floral arrangement with a large ribbon bow and a garland of ivy, ribbon and lemons running down the middle of each long table. We'll probably use white candles, unless I can find emerald or cobalt colored tapers at a dollar store. The site I found suggests making up a recipe book with lemon recipes and having a menu that incorporates lemon. The problem I see is limiting the lemons, because at this point, I think I could go NUTS!
Well, enought about that. I need to fix something for dinner - the natives are STAAAARVING.
2 comments:
The tables sound pretty! I have a great recipe for lemon bread if you want it. :)
Please email it to me. Here's a site I think you would like - household uses for lemons - http://www.rd.com/content/extraordinaryuses/extraordinary-uses-for-lemons
I feel like I need to get as much on paper as I can while my mind is running with it. Who knows if I'll have a brain in May. Ha ha.
Post a Comment