Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Anyone have a tissue?

My kids have had a cold for the last week or so, and now I'm sick. Full blown head cold. Monday I went to my regular doctor, and yesterday I went to the ear/nose/throat dr. Today both kids had their yearly check-up - just a little late. They are both healthy - at the top of the charts in height and weight. The doctor was happy that J has thinned out a bit. He's just a lot more active now. Imagine two toddlers in the waiting room, exam room, lab and then at DQ. I sure was glad to get home and put them in bed. I actually got a little nap.

Tomorrow will be a stay-home day. Yea!

Tomorrow is a new month. It really seems like summer and fall have just flown by.

We have a little boy who keeps asking when it's going to snow. SNOW. Yuck. I told him it isn't going to snow for a long time. I don't care how soon it comes, but I would really like a white Christmas this year. Last year the ground was bare and it was a little depressing.

I am dreading Christmas a little this year. I am afraid that the Christmas concert/program is going to overtake my time. And I have about 5 weeks to get the house clean and decorated since I'm having the ladies' fellowship Christmas party here again. I know that I won't worry so much about cooking as I did last year. Last year I was left with piles of food, and I probably ended up eating a lot of it myself.

I'm watching a TLC program about extremely obese people in Britain and the US. They just showed a woman who consumed more than 15,000 calories in a day. This guy eats about 35,000. I just cannot imagine. They said that's the number of calories an average man should eat in 2 weeks. He is dieting by eating 3,500 calories a day. Yikes.

It makes me want to clean out the cupboards and fridge, and eat bean sprouts for the rest of my life. When I was at the doctor's I had to get on the scale - I sure have a long way to go. But I'm making progress.

We had revival at church this week. We went Sunday and last night. I knew there would be a baby nursery, but there was not a class for the other children. Thankfully I grabbed some things as we left the house and our little boy did pretty well. At one point in the sermon, the preacher yelled and scared him. He hid his face behind a book and tucked himself up behind my husband's arm and started mumbling. He told us later he was praying that God would help the preacher not yell anymore. (BTW-the preacher didn't yell again)

Bean sprouts, anyone?

1 comment:

Anna said...

Oh, I'm sorry you guys haven't been feeling well! Very funny about the mumbled prayer ... maybe he should pray that you get rid of your colds!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets