Thursday, December 10, 2009

Where is my brain?

I ran to the store last night; it was blustery, raining, and getting colder. But we needed milk, eggs, cheese, snacks, ice cream, and a couple other things. I got home, and wondered if I was going to get help unloading groceries. I made 3 trips back and forth from the vehicle to the basement. Hmm. "I'm home." No help. I put things in the freezer and fridge downstairs and trudged up the stairs with both hands full of plastic bag handles. I set things down in the doorway, and went back downstairs for more. Maybe someone would move the things from the doorway for me. Nope. I struggled past the pile I left in the doorway. I moved things around and fit almost all of it in the cabinets; put things in the fridge. Had my son check his sugar, and got him a snack.

And this morning I opened the fridge. No eggs. WHAT!!!??? I knew I bought 2 dozen eggs! And there they were, in the bag, by the basement door, on top of a box of stuff that's been sitting there for months.

At this point, I just feel like everything in my life is just being shuffled from one pile in the corner to a box to the basement to the garage. And somewhere in one of those boxes is my brain.

1 comment:

Anna said...

If you find your brain, will you look for mine too? :)

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets