Why is it that my son chooses to throw his most extreme fits before we are supposed to go to church? Tonight we had to wake him up from his late nap to go to our Candlelight service at church. He woke up horrible. He threw a fit about eating supper. He threw a fit about wearing ... clothes. And CHURCH clothes, at that. And how dare I imagine that he would wear a belt? and a TIE?!!! and his new DRESS SHOES???!!!
OH MY WORD!
Part of me wanted to just forget it and stay home. But that stubborn, gotta-be-right part of me decided WE WERE GOING.
I finally walked into his room where Daddy was valiantly trying to dress him and stay calm at the same time. I told him he needed to listen very carefully. I told him that if he didn't stop throwing a fit immediately, I was unwrapping his presents and taking them back to the store first thing in the morning. I told him naughty little children in this house do NOT get presents. And Daddy added that he was going to have a horrible Christmas if he had to sit and watch us all open gifts while he would have NONE.
Needless to say, we were late, but he was fully clothed.
I WON.
1 comment:
Hope today and tomorrow are "fit-free"! Merry Christmas to all of you!
Post a Comment