Friday, December 25, 2009

A Very Nice Christmas

I was very content with our Christmas this year. I didn't over-buy for the kids. I got nice gifts. The kids were basically well-behaved. And I got nice gifts.

How immature is that? LOL

But after being depressed last year, this year was just right.

I wanted a 4 track digital recorder to record songs, and my husband bought me an 8 track recorder. It has special effects you can add, and I'm looking forward to playing with it. I also got a Wii Fit Plus. But I won't be entering any of my body stats while anyone is home. LOL It asks for your height and your age. It measures your weight and your BMI, and then it estimates your virtual age. If my husband was 6 years older in Wii age, I'll be like, 90 years old.

I got my husband a coat for work - it's made of fire hose material. And I got him a new set of jersey sheets. LOL. And three games for the Wii - two of which are just for him b/c of the rating.

My kids were happy with their gifts, and I think they would have liked to open more. That, for some odd reason, made me sure I hadn't given them too much. Next door at the in-laws' house... different story. They didn't have as much as in years past, but they still were in overload.

And then DH and I got our gift from his parents - a new 40" flat screen TV and $100. DH's sister and her husband got one, too. What a generous gift, but now we have a small dilemma. What to do with our old TV. It's a 40" TV, and it still works fine. Oh well. I'm letting my husband worry about that.

The kids are in bed, and when they wake up, we'll go back next door for supper. And to pack up the rest of the loot, I mean. stuff.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Sounds like a very nice day!

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets