I’m sitting here trying to block out the pounding pain in my feet, ankles, hips, back… VBS week is over. I have one tiny, I mean – major – project left. I’m going to go through the hundreds of pictures my husband took this week and put together a slide show for Sunday night. Between now and then I need to sleep. And clean up a huge mess at church. And sleep. And write up evaluation forms. And sleep!
The carnival tonight about did me in. I had about 14 games set up and like, 3 people who were helping. The teachers had to go around with the kids and help the kids play the games. I guess that was ok. But my son came home with no prizes and no candy. That isn’t actually feasible, since each kid was given a piece of candy for playing the games and a small prize for partially winning and a large prize for completing the task. I had put together some prize bags for the youngest kids to ensure that didn’t happen to anyone, so I’ll have to get one for him.
The worst part of the whole thing? Bringing home all the things I loaned to the church. I have no idea where to put it all.
I’m off to bed.
2 comments:
Glad you survived! Take some time to rest first, and maybe you'll have the extra energy for the last few jobs.
It sounds like a great (and exhausting) vacation Bible school. It's the one week of the year where I wouldn't feel bad if I wore running shoes to church on Sunday, even though I never had.
Thanks for commenting on my blog and I hope you're back in action by now.
Tony Kummer
http://ministry-to-children.com
Post a Comment