DH ended up only having to work one shift for the 4th. We were actually a bit disappointed, but these things happen.
I decided to be "brave" (stupid) and took the kids to the lake to see G & G. That's not the stupid part. I decided to take them up in the morning and let them nap there. HA HA HA HA
Little Boy crawled into G&G's bed and was off to sleep quite quickly. Baby on the other hand... She was in and out of the toddler bed, and got swatted repeatedly. Then I put her in the "big" bed with me and she hit, kicked, slapped, scratched, pinched...it was like trying to sleep with a squirrel. Only I've never heard a squirrel yell, "LEEEEEET MEEEEEE GOOOOOO!" I finally told her that if she didn't settle down and nap, I was taking her home. She sat up and said, "I wanna go home." So, little sassy pants got her wish.
Grandma kept saying she wished we wouldn't go. I kept explaining that empty threats are worse than useless. Little Boy got to spend the night at the lake; Baby went home. It's about a 40 minute drive and she stayed awake until we turned onto our street. Of course. She was still a pill about napping, but eventually she slept for about 40 minutes. She was not nice all night, but when it was time for bed, she very obediently got her jammies on and she climbed into her crib, gave me kisses and said good-night.
Little Boy got to see fireworks off the front porch. I watched a couple minutes from Boston on TV. Hopefully Baby had sweet dreams.
1 comment:
Good for you for following through! Hope the rest of the weekend was better all around, though.
Post a Comment