Sunday, February 20, 2011

Tired

I have to say, I am tired. I could use a good day in bed. Without 2 little interuptions. Or maybe I could just go to bed earlier.

I'm a little sad/jealous. I've been browsing some blogs, and most people sharing their Valentine's Day stuff. It would be so nice to go out to dinner with my husband. Not just a quick/rushed stop at Denny's after church for dessert (which was GREAT, btw). But it would be nice to be able to take our time.

I'm irritated. People at church (men) who decided one thing in their pastor search committee meeting, and then today, 2 of the 5 decided to go ahead and do what they wanted anyway. THEN when they were talking to the guy preaching about being our interim pastor, they didn't even bother to call DH over to be included on the discussion. He was close enough to hear what was happening, and went over.

This morning I woke up with a TERRIBLE sinus headache. I took a decongestant and some Motrin. On an empty stomach. So then my stomach started hurting, and I had to eat something. I was feeling pretty miserable. But by the time I left for church, I was feeling ok. If it wasn't for the list of things that I'm responsible for I would have climbed back into bed. I got the kids ready, and DH took them so I could finish getting ready. My To-Do list: Teach Sunday School, run the Praise and Worship slides, sing special music, cookbook sales forms, arrange for cookbooks to be handed out, teach children's church, check on cookbook sales... Isn't that enough? So I got to church, and I had no students. I ran off the forms for the cookbook sales, I didn't have to sing b/c the lady scheduled actually showed up ready to sing. We only did one P & W song, a very capable, responsible lady agreed to take care of the sales stuff, children's church was ok. I knew the kids would like the craft. We used foam hand shapes, and I let them decorate them load them up with big, plastic jewels and my all-time favorite - GLUE DOTS. Our lesson was about clapping our hands, and praising God loudly. (Ps. 47:1) It was a bit light on substance, but the kids had fun. I taught them the song, and we memorized the verse. But by the time Little Boy got to the sanctuary after church, he couldn't remember why we decorated hands. sigh. rolling eyes. But he can tell you what happened last night on the half hour he was allowed to watch of Over the Hedge, and even remembers a couple lines of dialogue. ROLLING EYES. And likes to keep repeating them.

We got McDonalds on the way home. First time in a while - everyone's order was correct. Mark it on the blog calendar.

Yesterday we made a quick trip to Morgantown. I wanted to go to Sam's Club. I picked up a table for another teacher and a set of two pitchers for the church kitchen. And I got the staple items from Sam's - TP, paper towels, green beans, ravioli, Honey Nut Cheerios... you know. I stopped at Michael's and picked up some $1 goodies. I love picking through their rubber stamps in the dollar bin. I found some others on clearance, and I got a new cuttlebug embossing folder and a big circle paper punch. Love it. And the kiddos did pretty good in there, too.

Little Boy has been running low lately. We haven't changed anything. He hasn't been getting more exercise than normal. It is frustrating. From what I've read, occasionally, the pancreas must be able to produce some insulin? IDK. I happened to look at his finger when he had to check while we were in Sam's. He's been poking the same finger repeatedly. The tip of his finger looks terrible. So he's now sportin' a camouflage band-aid on that finger to remind him to not poke it. Poor kid.

Baby came home today with new hair elastics - the kind with the plastic balls? She cracks us up. I put a couple pony tails in, and the next thing we knew, she had the rest tucked into the top elastic of her undies, and she was shimmie-shaking to make them clack into each other. Another thing I never thought I'd say: "Baby, take the hair elastics out of your undies." LOL

Did I mention I'm tired? I should have taken a nap today, but I wanted to watch the Daytona 500. My two faves are out - Biffle and Kenseth. Oh well. My first fave, Elliot Sadler, is now racing in the Nationwide Series. I read an article about it. I think he's a really nice guy with very little ego. (I think you have to have a smidge of an ego to race professionally, but I could be wrong.)

I'm ready for a nap. Or a vacation.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I love it when God provides people to help just when you're overwhelmed. :) Hope you get a nap ... or get to bed early tonight.

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets