It's a blessing that Baby was sick. I took Little Boy to Sunday school, and Baby and I ran a couple errands to burn an hour. It was nice to have a day off. Although, I was at church setting things up until 11:30 Saturday night.
The son of a deacon filled the pulpit yesterday. This son lives in Virginia, but came up here just to "bless us". Bless us out, is more like it. His father walked out of a pulpit committee meeting recently, and walked out of church recently over KJV-Only stuff.
I would have been in Children's Church, anyway, but if I had been in the service I would have walked out.
This guy got up and said, "I don't talk to my parents about church stuff..." LIE. I'm sorry, but that was a LIE. He got up and crammed a bunch of KJV-Only stuff down their throats. He was loud, and angry. And he spewed Gail Riplinger lies. I would have walked out. Plain. and. Simple.
I was talking to the wife of a deacon who sat there. I asked her, "Didn't you learn anything from sitting under the last pastor? Why did you sit there?"
One of the ladies talked to the speaker after the service, and told him, "You've reaffirmed my belief in the KJV."
Sad. Little. Lemming.
I'm afraid things are going to get ugly.
1 comment:
I'll be praying for your church ... I wish people would think through some of the common arguments.
Post a Comment