Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I've started

I've started sewing pillowcase dresses! I think it's going to be fun, except for the math. Ugh. I am capable, but for whatever reason, I dislike measurements. Inches really aren't that bad. When it comes to measurement conversion in the kitchen, my brain goes blank. Four years of teaching measurements to elementary age kids, chanting the charts on a daily basis, and I really can't remember any of it under pressure.

On a completely different note, I had another dream about my dad last night. He and my mom were arguing. I walked in and yelled at both of them for yelling in front of the kids. I don't know what kids, and if it was my siblings, I don't know why they were little and I was my current age. But then my dad asked me to give him a ride somewhere. In the car, he asked me when I got so smart. I didn't know, but I told him that at some point along the way, I've realized that my opinion is valid; that I have valid observations.

I didn't want to wake up. It was so good to see his face, and hear his voice. And the fact that neither parent killed me for speaking up was a good thing, too.

We got haircuts today. Baby's bangs aren't great, but I'll wait until we wash her hair to have a final opinion. Little Boy and I decided he should go a tiny bit shorter than usual. His head gets so hot and sweaty in the summer. Especially when he runs around outside wearing an army helmet!

My husband went back to work today after an eleven day break. I'm sorry to see him go back. But it's been a really nice break.

No comments:

2009 Christmas Pics

Our Wildlife Neighborhood

Our Wildlife Neighborhood



Our vacation day at the lake

Our vacation day at the lake
Throwing rocks






Life at Home

Life at Home
Baby is reading a catalog


Reading can be dangerous

Something reminds me of Witchiepoo

The Cavalry has arrived!

Sunday Morning

Sunday Morning
You can't wear the helmets